Roasted Roots & Celery
Grape seed and/or olive oil
3 medium sized beets, peeled
6-8 celery stems 1 medium to large white or yellow onion
2 C baby carrots sea salt (I used pink Himalayan)
chives (I’m a cheater & used the dried diced type, but go for fresh if you’ve got ’em!)
1. Preheat oven to 375˚ Clean all veggies.
2. Coat glass roasting pan with grape seed or olive oil.
3. Peel onion. Halve it, then slice into 1/4″ thick slices & place in roasting pan.
4. Cut tips & wide, whitish bottom part off of the celery stems off & discard or compost. Chop the celery into 1/2″ pieces & add to the roasting pan.
5. Add baby carrots.
6. Sprinkle all ingredients in the pan with sea salt. I’m not big on measuring seasonings, so let’s say a teaspoon.
7. Cut beets into about 16 – 20 chunks each & add to other ingredients.
8. Drizzle all ingredients with about a tablespoon of olive oil & about a tablespoon of diced chives, then toss together. Sprinkle with a half teaspoon of ground ginger.
9. Roast for 45 minutes, tossing halfway.